The innovative Body-Jet employs the gentle power of water-jet assisted lipoplasty. Unlike traditional liposuction methods, the Body-Jet uses a gentle jet of water to simultaneously dislodge and remove fat from the body, while sparing blood vessels, nerves and surrounding tissue. Just as rivers and streams can reshape our natural environment, so can the power of water be harnessed to sculpt and shape the body. The Body-Jet gently separates fat cells from connective tissue, minimizing trauma to the patient. Unlike traditional methods, with the Body-Jet there’s no need to flood the body with high volumes of infiltration fluid before the procedure. Because the Body-Jet uses simultaneous irrigation and aspiration, the doctor can control infiltration during the procedure, administering minimal amounts as needed. This helps to reduce overall exposure to tumescent fluid, minimize swelling, allowing real-time precise contouring, and dramatically shortens procedure time.
WHO IS A CANDIDATE FOR AQUALIPO?
Aqualipo is a great option for both men and women in good general health who have stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond to regular diet and exercise, and who are at or near their ideal weight.
HOW DOES AQUALIPO DIFFER FROM TRADITIONAL LIPOSUCTION?
Aqualipo offers multiple advantages over traditional liposuction techniques, including:
• Less trauma
• Faster recovery time
• Less discomfort
• Less swelling and bruising after the procedure
• Less blood loss
• No need for general anesthesia
• More refined, precise results
• Encourages the development of new collagen, resulting in firmer skin
WHO IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR AQUALIPO?
Aqualipo may not be a good choice for you if:
• you are more than 35kg above your ideal weight
• you have certain blood or autoimmune disorders
• you want to have large amounts of fat removed
As with all medical procedures, it is important to discuss your candidacy with your doctor before scheduling your procedure.
IS THE FAT REMOVAL FROM THE AQUALIPO TECHNIQUE PERMANENT?
The fat cells which are removed during the Aqualipo procedure are permanently gone, but patients should maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a healthy diet and regular exercise, to prevent fat from recurring in or near the treatment area.
WHICH AREAS IS AQUALIPO USEFUL FOR?
Aqualipo is designed to treat small areas of fat, and is an ideal choice for removal of isolated fat pockets located in the:
Aqualipo is also an excellent choice for the treatment of gynecomastia (male breast enlargement).
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
After numbing the treatment area with a local anaesthetic, a small incision is made and more anaesthetic is inserted this allows micro droplets of fatty tissue released by water, not fragmented or liquefied by physical power of the cannula. This anaesthetic is used again to dislodge the fat cells which is then suctioned out at the same time in a jar. The incision is then closed with a steristrip and one is ready to go. The entire Aqualipo procedure takes from 30 minutes to one and a half hours for each area treated, and is performed on an outpatient basis.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY LIKE?
After your Aqualipo procedure, you may have some slight swelling, bruising and discomfort that will resolve within a day or two. Any minor pain can be treated with over-the-counter pain medication. You can expect to resume your normal routine within 1 to 2 days.
WHEN WILL I BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS?
Although the initial results of your Aqualipo treatment will be evident immediately after your procedure, those results will become more apparent during the following 6 to 8 weeks once your body has had time to adjust to your new contours.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED?
Most patients require only one Aqualipo treatment to achieve the results they’re looking for.
WHEN CAN I RETURN TO WORK AFTER AQUALIPO?
In most cases, you can expect to return to your regular work routine within a day or two of your Aqualipo treatment.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AQUALIPO OVER OTHER PROCEDURES?
The gentle yet effective technique of the Aqualipo procedure offers several benefits over other treatments. Compared to those treatments, Aqualipo:
• Minimal pre-infiltration phase – no waiting
• Easy cannula control – more comfortable for patients
• Shorter procedure
• Faster and easier patient recovery
• Offers precise results
• Effectively treats small pockets of fat that cannot be treated with traditional liposuction
• 70% less TLA infiltration fluid needed
• No bloating: better intra-operative view real-time contouring
• Gentle removal helps protect fat for subsequent autogous fat transfers
• Harvesting of highly vital adipose tissue
• Reduced OP times as well as a shorter and smoother convalescence
• The selective power of the water-jet helps to reduce the blood loss, hematomas and swelling
• Spares surrounding tissue
• Minimizes trauma and risk for patient
• No general anaesthetic required
• Minimizes bleeding, bruising and swelling
• Many years of experience in water-jet applications
• Sterile, closed-loop system for fat harvesting.